Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Black and White: An Homage to Shades and Tints

This black and white composition is built around abstract elements. The black and white colors are widely used, but the shapes change constantly. Among them there are triangles, circles and rectangles, as well as some abstract shapes. There is harmony amongst the (semi) pattern in the circles, though the color alternates differently in each corner. The harmony also resides in there being something to look at in every corner. To add some visual tension, I added abstract shapes in the middle to draw away from the basic outside. I also thought it added a nice contrast. In the bottom left corner I have what could resemble a bar graph, and the corners remind me of marbles.

2 comments:

  1. The black and white is a stark contrast, but I think it emphasizes the amorphous shapes in the center. It's nice that you gave the image a sense of balance with your marbles and bar graphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the image has great contrast to it. The various shapes make eachother stand out. The center of the image is unique and really caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete