Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Website Home Page - Midterm

For this assignment, I created a website home page based on pictures I took. I chose to do Professional Bull Riders, Inc.  because I recently attended their Chicago Invitational. I credited the information that was from their site and credited myself for taking the pictures. I didn't add a caption to my top picture because it was explained in the blurb beneath it about the PBR event being in Chicago. It's assumed that I also took that picture. I chose the pictures I did because I felt they highlighted the event the most. I didn't have any good pictures to use of the actual bull riding, but the pictures I used I believe gave the best idea. I talked about the event in Chicago from my firsthand account, and since I didn't have the results from memory I went ahead and   used the results from the actual competition website and credited them for it. I also made sure to create a logo and add it to the corner so that it was visible and a good advertisement. I also included the links at the bottom for various information, from explaining what PBR is to how to contact those involved. I found a good font for the topmost headline, which I felt gave the country vibe and gave the right impression that this is a southern based sport, but is advertised and presented all over the country. To edit the pictures I used Adobe Photoshop CS4, and to put the home page together I used Adobe InDesign CS4.  

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures you chose for this composition, and I especially liked the dominant photo. You did a great job of creating this composition, but it looks more like it would be an article featured on a website as opposed to the actual website. However, the sidebar/graphic you placed on the far right of the composition does a great job of balancing the text.

    ReplyDelete